Benefits of having CCTV in operation:
1. Deterrence – The benefits of CCTV surveillance system brings crime reduction as a source of evidence can never be underestimated.
2. Fear reduction – Most people have often confessed that the presence of CCTV cameras makes them feel safer. Feeling safe gives peace of mind to Business owners, employees and homeowners that not only are their businesses or property safe, but also are their loved ones.
3. Prosecution – CCTV evidence can be vital in prosecution of offenders (thieves, terrorist, vandals, arsonists, looters, burglars, and any other criminals). It’s much easier to identify and initiate legal procedures against offenders with visual evidence from the CCTV footage. This on its own provides an ultimate criminal deterrent that is both visible and effective.
4. Security and Surveillance. You rarely need eyes in the back of your head these days. Strategically placed cameras can be both monitored and recorded 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Digital recorders can record all your cameras for up to 3 months or even more if you need it. Remote monitored systems allow you or manned guards to watch over your premises from anywhere in the world using a phone or computer.
5. Increase Business Efficiencies and Improve Profitability: In addition to providing a safer environment for employees and business owners, CCTV security system can greatly improve business efficiencies and profitability. Thieves and shoplifters are less likely to strike a business that is protected by closed circuit television cameras.
Using CCTV systems to monitor the cash registers is a good way of keeping track of transactions and those using the cash registers.
6. Control your staff and save thousands:
The ability for managers to see what is going on throughout their business from their own offices or desks greatly saves on time every day and allows them to get along with their own work rather than spending a lot of their time checking up on everyone else. By reorganizing your staff to work more efficiently you could save yourself a lot of money per year.
7. Reduced Insurance Premiums: A properly designed CCTV system will record what actually happened. Simply showing the CCTV recording of what actually happened will in most cases stop them from making a claim. A properly designed CCTV system can be used to demonstrate to the Health and Safety executive that you complied with their requirements. Meeting insurance requirements is easier when you use a CCTV security system. You will also be able to record evidence that can be quite helpful in the case of accident claims that are not legitimate.
8. Home Security: Home CCTV systems are increasingly becoming more popular as a more cost-effective way of protecting homes, outdoor areas, such as driveways and gardens from intrusion and other crimes.
A single camera system will allow you to record everyone coming to your house. Connect it to your broadband and you can view your house across the Internet. Having a few cameras on your holiday home will allow you to check up on it on a regular basis simply and easily.
Besides the many advantages listed above, one of the key reasons that contributes to the popularity of CCTV surveillance system is the advancements in technology. CCTV systems have come a long way from being cumbersome, expensive and complex systems requiring expert help to simple, easy-to-use systems that are easy to configure, easy to maintain and reasonably priced. Moreover, the new range of surveillance systems offer more options, clarity and versatility than before.